by Jane Ann Covington
Assumption: Most people think they are the only person who procrastinates like they do.
Truth: Almost everyone procrastinates on one thing or many or most! So you’re not alone.
Problem: Procrastination! When we procrastinate several negative things happen:
- we feel ineffective and just plain bad about our self, often wasting what could be a magnificent life;
- we procrastinate even more and don’t accomplish our goals or dreams;
- we take our lack of action as a sign that we can’t and we give up! Boooooooooooooooo!
- we start back at 1. above!
Short Answer: Stop procrastinating and get motivated to act!
Real Answer: Make a plan and work your plan!!
- Decide a realistic goal that will give you the satisfaction and perhaps income you want.
- Make a plan. Without a plan you can’t stay focused. Don’t worry about perfect; learn and move on.
- How do you make a plan? Write out a list of 10 things, that if you did those 10 things it would virtually guarantee your success.
- You may need to tweak each of the 10 things by writing out 10 things under each one of the 10 things to really get each one accomplished.
- Don’t give up. Be PERSISTENT! Revisit and revise your plan when necessary to get you where you want to go in Life! As you learn more, you’ll know more what to do. Start learning and making your plan.
- Follow Steps 1-5 and ask for help when you need it. Also ask for help to get out of your own way when you feel or are being stuck!
The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.
Successful people ask for help. ~Jane Ann Covington
You must be logged in to post a comment.